[Gllug] security check

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Wed Aug 12 09:22:45 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 12 August 2009, Joel Bernstein wrote:

> Apparently there are filling stations in .fr and .be which have no
> staff at all. And where one pays only with credit card and PIN. Seems
> implausible on the basis of making it too easy to drive off without
> paying

They do indeed exist (at least in France) it is necessary to insert the card
before the pump will dispense any fuel and IMMSMR the card is not released
until the nozzle is properly replaced.

Dx

--
“ ‘... but there is so much else behind what I say. It makes itself known to
me so slowly, so incompletely! ...’ ”
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk