[Gllug] Bittorrent temp files

John Winters john at sinodun.org.uk
Fri Aug 28 11:12:25 UTC 2009

Lucy Peters wrote:
[snip]
>     When I list out to delete the .tmp files and found out that there
>     was only one of them and it was very small size. Do you know what
>     takes out the hard disk space ?

What then makes you think that something connected with BitTorrent is
taking up your hard disc space?

A parallel poster has already suggested a command-line way of analysing
your disc usage.  If you use Gnome you can also use the Disk Usage
Analyser to achieve much the same:

Applications => System tools => Disk Usage Analyser

Click on "Scan Filesystem" and leave it for a few minutes.  It will
generate a nice graphical summary of your disc usage and you can drill
down through it to find which directories are taking the most space.

If you have a directory which is taking a lot of space but doesn't seem
to have any large files in it then try "ls -a" to see if there are any
hidden files there.

HTH
John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk