[Gllug] Linux workstation admin simpler than OS X

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sun Aug 2 10:45:39 UTC 2009

On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 11:20:44AM +0100, Peter Corlett wrote:
> Reference-counting offers much more predictable object lifetime, which
> is useful when the object is more than memory, or you have a hard real-
> time system where stopping the world at a random time is inappropriate.

Very true.  In fact object lifetime and GC are orthogonal concepts.

There's a great paper by a French guy about this, which I can't find
right now.

I'm waiting for the language which supports both concepts.  Actually,
C# is such a language, so I'm waiting for a language which supports
both and doesn't make me want to poke my eyes out.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat