[Gllug] When's the next gllug meeting?

GLLUG at getaroundtoit.co.uk GLLUG at getaroundtoit.co.uk
Wed Aug 12 00:11:40 UTC 2009

Richard Jones wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 08:54:02PM +0100, Gary Pownall wrote:
>> Come on guys it's been 5 months since the last one.  If it wasn't for
>> this list I'd have thought gllug was no longer a going concern.
>
> David L Neil who organized them has left both GLLUG and the country.
> He moved to New Zealand according to the last email he posted.  So I
> guess that's why there haven't been any meetings since March.
>
> As usual I have one or two talks I could give on completely new
> topics.  But I don't have time to organize the whole shebang.
>
> Rich.

Gidday Rich, you ruined your 'average' - you're only half right -
greetings from Auckland (one of the greater parts of "Greater London").

Gary, GLLUG exists in several forms and interest areas. Formal meetings
are but one of those. That the list continues implies that GLLUG lives.

There is/was a 'gang-of-four' who were trying to organise meetings. The
rationale being that if one green bottle should accidentally fall,
there'd be others to carry on the song...

There was a suggestion that GLLUG mtgs not be held during the summer
months/period of many other 'competing' activities, thus another reason.

In true FOSS style, anyone who is able to contribute will be welcome -
and anyone who has an 'itch to scratch' is encouraged to contribute. If
you are in that category and don't hear from one of my ex-gang
colleagues, I'll be happy to make off-list reference...

Regards,
=dn
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk