[Gllug] spam

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 18:55:41 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 6:11 PM, Martin A. Brooks<martin at hinterlands.org> wrote:

>> My gmail account gets in the region of 10k a day spams, I used to use
>> it a lot of places because the spam filtering was good enough that I
>> didn't care.
>
> Wow, I deliberately go out to collect spam on my gmail account and I
> barely get more then a few hundred a day.

My gmail account barely gets 15 a day. It's hard to say whether their
filtering is particularly good or not because the sample size is so
small. I'd guess I get to see one of those every few days. My own domain,
on the other hand, saw a large rise in spam a couple of months ago, and
now gets 10000+ a day, every day.

Tet

--
The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to
understand the exponential function -- Albert Bartlett
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk