[Gllug] Laptop shopping

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Sat Aug 15 23:06:59 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Aug/15/2009, Shannon Carver wrote:
> I had a work Thinkpad a while back (a T41, I think), fantastic machine,
> amazing build quality too, if I remember correctly.

I have a T60 (and is not the one that I need to replace that we were
talking in the other thread). From August 2006, fantastic machine too,
only one problem with the fan and has been solved by Lenovo in a few
days inside the 3 years warranty.

In Tottenham Court Road Station, heading to the north (check the other
thread for details) there is a Lenovo - Thinkpad shop were you could see
lot of models. Well, actually mainly all models are the same :-) :
http://pintant.cat/2007/12/27/thinkpads-levolucio-amb-fotos/ (photos
with some Thinkpads of different years)

only chaing the specs and a bit thicker or not

Maybe the quality after Lenovo is manufacturing them it's a bit lower
but not sure about it.

Ah, here there is lot of information about Linux and Thinkpads:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki

And a mailing list with experts about the topic.

Cheers,

--
Carles Pina i Estany
	http://pinux.info