[Gllug] Distro for an EPC-301

Simon Morris mozrat at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 09:28:59 UTC 2009

Hello,

I have one of these beasties...

http://www.bvm-store.com/ProductDetail.asp?fdProductId=469

It came to us with a Compact Flash installation of PuppyLinux but I was
hoping to be able to install something with a package repository behind
it, ideally Debian.

The main issue is the lack of FPU support on the processor which means
that Ubuntu, Debian and DamnSmallLinux won't install.

Does anyone have suggestions on which distro to run on it, or should I
stick with making PuppyLinux a bit more usable?

I want to run these boxes with a monitoring agent installed (to monitor
VoIP quality) and also an small web based application. No GUI required
especially.

Thanks

~sm

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk