[Gllug] info on setup and running a NFP here in the UK

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Thu Aug 6 11:29:12 UTC 2009

John G Walker wrote:
>>Not that I mean to imply that the UK is a part of the EU... so
>>perhaps a UK based on and another in the EU.
> The UK *is* part of the EU. It has been since the 1970s,

Based on what little I've been able to find out - actually, the UK isnt
a part of the .EU ngo/charity charter. eg. a Donation to a UK based
charity does not bring any tax benefits to a company based in .DE -
However, donating to a .NL based charity ( greenpeace, as an example )
does bring with it tax benefits to the .DE entity.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk