[Gllug] IPv6 and firewalls

Steve Kemp steve at steve.org.uk
Wed Aug 12 11:01:51 UTC 2009

On Wed Aug 12, 2009 at 11:52:21 +0100, Peter Childs wrote:

> All I want is a simple howto.

  With no understanding a howto is not useful.

> As far as I know most of my machine are IP6 enabled but nothing
> supplies services and address for IPv6 so nothing uses it.

  To configure your LAN for IPv6 the minimum you need to do
 is add IPv6 addresses to each host - whether that is autoconfigured,
 DHCP-provided, or just statically allocated by you.

  Once you've done that you can configure any services that
 are listening on your LAN to use IPv6 too.

  No real howto needed .. though this might be interesting:

    http://www.debian-administration.org/article/Easy_IPv6_connections_with_miredo

Steve
--
http://www.steve.org.uk/