[Gllug] HackerSpace

Chris Bell chrisbell at 3966.ukfsn.org
Wed Dec 9 22:39:59 UTC 2009

On Wed 09 Dec, Lesley wrote:

> It depends what you envisage this space doing?
>
> Regards
>
> Lesley

   The meeting was running late, but there was just time for questions
before the lights started going out. The remaining time was taken by three
young lads and two neighbourhood policewomen asking for more youth
facilities.
   I spoke to the Park Royal Partnership representative afterwards and
requested a combination of education opportunities, a community computer
club, and hacker space. I explained that I wanted to provide community
facilities for anyone to learn how to install, configure, and administer
anything from a single computer to a network suitable for a small business,
plus space for further development, pointing out that this could be
beneficial for both the community and local businesses that might need
expertise in the future.
   I was told that the representative was not personally involved in that
part of the organisation, but he had already been convinced about Open
Source by his son who is attending Imperial College, and he would pass on
the requests. The response appears to be encouraging. There is EU and
Government funding available to the Park Royal Partnership, and they can
request help from a very large number of local businesses.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk (was www.overview.demon.co.uk)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk