[Gllug] HackerSpace

Lesley lesleyb at pgcroft.net
Wed Dec 9 20:40:49 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 09:53:17AM +0100, Chris Bell wrote:
> Hello,
>    There was interest a while ago in obtaining HackerSpace for a group of
> enthusiasts, while I am interested in providing help for beginners. Has
> there been any progress?
>    I attended a local area Forum meeting last night which received a talk by
> a representative of the government and EU backed "Park Royal Partnership"
> covering the largest industrial area in Europe, saying that they are
> interested in working with the community to provide facilities. I have
> agreed to contact their representative to discuss suggestions.

Hi Chris

I'm replying off list atm

I have not yet been to Hacker Space nites which are in East London but they
seem to be a hackspace for geeks probably in employement given they seem to
require regular subscriptions and/or on-the-night donations.

I think HackSoace is probably doing good things but not sure it has the model
you are looking for with a community space?

I probably can't commit to travelling the distance from the outer edge of SE London over
to the Park Royal area but I would think that free useful space is at a premium.

It depends what you envisage this space doing?

Regards

Lesley
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk