[Gllug] virgin/ntl/telewest plonkers

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Dec 17 03:24:04 UTC 2009

On Wednesday, 16 Dec 2009, t.clarke wrote:
>There is, of course, no need to use your ISP to provide DNS service for your
>domain.  I believe there are providers who can do this for you regardless
>of who actually 'owns' your IP address.

That would be an extremely neat trick with reverse DNS.

There seems to be a lot of confusion between "no reverse DNS" (which
relatively few ISPs have) and "no control of reverse DNS" (much more
common, not a problem for many things including sending email), with
"bogus reverse DNS" in between.

Today is Friday, December.
Tomorrow will be Saturday, December - a weekend.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk