[Gllug] Internet connection through mobile phone

Robert McKay robert at mckay.com
Sun Dec 13 22:19:16 UTC 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 7:26 PM, general_email at technicalbloke.com <
general_email at technicalbloke.com> wrote:

> The image quality can be changed / disabled in the TMobile software app
> (nominally windows and mac only I think but maybe it works under Wine, I
> dunno). This is probably a good thing if you don't want to spunk all
> your bandwidth in the first few days of the month.

Ahh. I didn't know that.. still the problem is fixed using the tunnel so I
probably won't bother trying to figure out how to disable it.

> Didn't know about the javascript though, what's that about?

The javascript they inject is part of the same thing.. it enables you to
press some key (forget which one but it tells you if you hover over an
image) on the keyboard to load the full quality images. I haven't really
looked into it in detail.

Rob.