[Gllug] Internet connection through mobile phone

general_email at technicalbloke.com general_email at technicalbloke.com
Sun Dec 13 19:26:36 UTC 2009

Robert McKay wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 4:09 PM, felix swart <felix.swart at googlemail.com>wrote:
> <snip>
> Even with the first 5GB of transfer all your http requests are degraded by a
> transparent proxy server which degrades the images and inserts javascript
> into your web pages..
>

> <snip>
>
> Rob.

The image quality can be changed / disabled in the TMobile software app
(nominally windows and mac only I think but maybe it works under Wine, I
dunno). This is probably a good thing if you don't want to spunk all
your bandwidth in the first few days of the month.

Didn't know about the javascript though, what's that about?

Roger.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk