[Gllug] Technology and UK Education

Chris Bell chrisbell at 3966.ukfsn.org
Wed Dec 30 14:35:02 UTC 2009

On Wed 30 Dec, Walter Stanish wrote:

> With a 12 month time period, I'm sure we could present something
> extremely polished that would turn heads.
>
> - Walter

   There are already education projects, including educational versions of
Deboan and Ubuntu. I am trying to get local facilities through my local
Ealing Council and the Park Royal Partnership, and we can organise practical
sessions through GLLUG. The reactions from a local on-line forum are that
too many people are worried that they would not be able to cope with
anything technical.
   One of my local councillors explained that too many people employed by
the council are temps, too many people employed by the council are
politically correct otherwise unemployable, and too many people employed by
the council move on as soon as they have half a clue about their job and are
then replaced by other untrained individuals. This makes it very difficult
for councillors, who are not considered to be council staff, to get anything
done.

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk (was www.overview.demon.co.uk)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk