[Gllug] Technology and UK Education

Martin A. Brooks martin at hinterlands.org
Wed Dec 30 14:14:13 UTC 2009

On 30/12/2009 13:45, Bernard Peek wrote:
> PTAs are a possible route into schools. for FOSS.

I can tell you from personal experience that pitching FOSS or FOSS-based
products and services to education is really hard work.

It took literally months to get a technology provider for an LEA
(MEWAN)to sign up to antibodyMX, and that was via a direct route; I
didn't have to go via their front door. It has been well worth the time
invested, though and I know that they have done some internal
newsletters mentioning their successful use of a FOSS-based service.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk