[Gllug] Government collecting comms data

Wed Feb 18 16:24:33 UTC 2009

Juergen Schinker wrote:

> i named my servers after Comedians
>
> last one 'izzard'

I've had a biblical theme for a while - God being my desktop, Moses my
Laptop, the two Apple is Eden, the firewall's StPeter and MtSinai is the
fileserver.
I try to keep the names sort of relevant to what the host does...

I've also got a series with names from Shrek, but we're only up to
Donkey and Puss-in-boots so far...

At work, though, it's <site abbreviation>-<a number>
so wan-svr01 in our Wandsworth office. We've nearly got to the point
where the last octet of the IP address agrees with the end of the
hostname, too!

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk ;)