[Gllug] Government collecting comms data

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Wed Feb 18 15:56:40 UTC 2009

On 18/2/09 13:33, Juergen Schinker wrote:

> i named my servers after Comedians
>
> last one 'izzard'

Our office servers are named after Red Dwarf, so we have lister, rimmer
and kryten virtual servers and the physical host is called reddwarf. I'd
have used starbug but that's the name of my laptop :-)

The ourshack servers, where my email lives, are named after three letter
animals and we have, or had, ant, bat, cat, dog, elk, fox, gnu (of
course), hog & imp. Stretched the definition of animal at the end there
though.

At work it's much more boring with functional names and numbers. svr01,
backup01, esx115 etc.

S.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk