[Gllug] performance boost for linux

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Wed Feb 11 22:26:51 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 15:13 +0000, Jose Luis Martinez wrote:

> I am sure Windows could be speeded up somehow

Not in our lifetimes!  As ever more useless crud is added on top of the
18-year-old NT kernel, it just gets slower and slower.  All the Hardware
manufacturers LOVE this "design approach" as they can press the gullible
in parting with money for ever faster machines "capable" of "running"
the latest MS offering.

There is no will inside Microsoft to even try to do anything better...

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk