[Gllug] VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

James Laver gllug at jameslaver.com
Thu Feb 19 16:24:22 UTC 2009

On Thu, February 19, 2009 4:18 pm, John Hearns wrote:
> 2009/2/19 James Laver <gllug at jameslaver.com>:
>> > No one is arguing that. People are arguing that tuppence a week for a
>> senior role is quite unacceptable. 40k is quite good for a junior
>> position
>
> Consult please the first reply I made in this thread...
> I said that 40K for a junior role was not slavery.

Which has precisely no relevance. The response from Hari noted that he
thought it was slavery not because of the money but because of the
conditions (usually the strange idea that flexible working hours means 14
hour days and an uncomfortable working environment, unfriendly and overly
beaurocratic structure etc.).

There are some positions I wouldn't have if they threw a grand a day at me.

--James
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk