[Gllug] Camalyn Vacancy Posts

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 5 12:06:32 UTC 2009

Peter Corlett wrote:
> On 5 Feb 2009, at 11:47, Ryan Cartwright wrote:
> [...]
>
>> The same applies to my relationship with agencies as a prospective
>> employee. Ones where I sign up and they fire off my CV to a million
>> companies are less helpful [...]
>>

> "Less helpful" is an understatement.
>
> I recently applied for a job through an agency, to discover that the
> company had already had two copies of my CV from other agencies. Since
> they're unlikely to want to pay three sets of finders fee, the CVs
> will have all gone in the bin.

?!!!

I would hope that was not the outcome!

I'd prefer to think if the company liked you they would tell the agency
that they have already received a CV from another agency and proceed
with the first one? Although this makes the biggest CV spammers likely
to claim the reward... I have no idea how that would work... perhaps you
just disregard the CV spammers and go with the first agency to give you
proper consultancy on that person?

Most agencies I have dealt with have asked the company if they have a CV
from me, if not they supply it to them.

-h

--
Hari Sekhon
Always open to interesting opportunities

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk