[Gllug] Camalyn Vacancy Posts

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Thu Feb 5 12:34:52 UTC 2009

Peter Corlett wrote:
> I recently applied for a job through an agency, to discover that the
> company had already had two copies of my CV from other agencies. Since
> they're unlikely to want to pay three sets of finders fee, the CVs
> will have all gone in the bin.

So the first two agencies had forwarded your CV without your permission
or discussing the role with you first ?

I trust you will be binning those two immediately.

As an employer, I would work through the first agency to send your CV
in, easily identified by the email trail. The other two would be told
they had sent a duplicate and not be considered eligible.

An employer shouldn't discard your CV just because it came from three
sources. They're probably not the kind of company you want to be working
for but perhaps a direct contact to explain would be beneficial, in
particular if your CV was submitted without authorisation the first two
times.

Simon.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk