[Gllug] VACANCY: MySQL Database Architect (Reading, Berkshire, UK)

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Feb 13 12:04:39 UTC 2009

On 13 Feb 2009, at 10:20, Jose Luis Martinez wrote:
[...]
> What would be wrong with relocating to Reading? There are parts in
> London sufficiently far away as to make some sense to consider
> relocation (which I mentioned first in my previous email).

Because Reading is a dump, and has all the expense of living near to
London without the perks of actually being *in* London. And relocating
costs time and money, neither of which Reading employers seem to want
to compensate for. They seem to think that because they're in Reading,
people will pay to work for them.

> I think that as long as people posting jobs abide by the rules the
> geographical location should not be a factor to accept a posting or
> not.

I await the flood of job adverts for slicing up HTML for £14k in John
O'Groats, then.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk