[Gllug] RSI: Was VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

Sarah Lemarié sarah at thaum.net
Sat Feb 28 11:38:20 UTC 2009

I recommend the kinesis keyboards, although I'm not sure there's a UK source
for them. I switched to dvorak on the kinesis years ago, and still use it. I
adopted both at the same time so I've come to associate the two.
As Rich says, there's not that much to be gleaned from switching to dvorak
alone. On my other keyboards (laptops etc) I still use qwerty.. but I'm used
to dvorak on the kinesis now, so that's what I use. It's a great deterrent
to stop people using your PC :)

FWIW I don't recommend relabelling the keys if you do switch layouts. Put a
printout of the dvorak layout across the top of your hands so you can't see
them, and refer to that. That should get you touch typing a bit faster.

Sarah.