[Gllug] Heads-up: March meeting, "pavement to cloud"

Sat Feb 28 23:20:29 UTC 2009

Nahuel Marisi wrote:
> I never managed to go to a GLLug meeting and I'm hoping I'll get to go
> to this one.

=we'll look forward to seeing you there...

> My only question is, what does a lighting talk entail?

=What can you say in five minutes?
http://perl.plover.com/lt/osc2003/lightning-talks.html

=My only question is, what will be the subject of your light[n]ing talk?

> Cheers,
> Nahuel

=more seriously, we are fortunate to be able to boast a number of
members who are involved in FOSS projects, and a lightning talk is a
good way to run through a quick description, give out some key pointers,
help us stay up-to-date, and perhaps pick-up some testers, users,
contributors... (for example).

=I remember attending another group's event, a little while back, and
one of the later presenters turned up with an Eee. New at the time, it
attracted a lot of ?jealous? attention, and he ended-up being cajoled
into giving us a quick demo before the formal presentations began!

=Regards,
=dn

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk