[Gllug] Tape backups

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Sun Feb 15 21:45:57 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 15, 2009 at 01:43:15PM +0000, John wrote:
> If you put aside the sarcastic, unhelpful replies Adrian, you ask a
> very good question.
>
> I've put in a few systems which have mirrored data to RAID setups
> using Dirvish, which I would recommend as being easy to install and
> understand.
> http://www.dirvish.org/

A dirvish system doesn't give you backups, it gives you a mirror with
history (on a single logical device).  While this is useful, people
*really* have to get their head round the difference.

--
Bruce

Those who cast the votes decide nothing.  Those who count the
votes decide everything. -- Joseph Stalin