[Gllug] VACANCY: MySQL Database Architect (Reading, Berkshire, UK)

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Feb 13 17:46:02 UTC 2009

On 13 Feb 2009, at 14:24, jt at camalyn.org wrote:
[...]
> what's the general guide as to what towns cover Greater London?

Greater London consists of the following 33 boroughs:

Barking and Dagenham, Barnet, Bexley, Brent, Bromley, Camden, City of
London, City of Westminster, Croydon, Ealing, Enfield, Greenwich,
Hackney, Hammersmith and Fulham, Haringey, Harrow, Havering,
Hillingdon, Hounslow, Islington, Kensington and Chelsea, Kingston,
Lambeth, Lewisham, Merton, Newham, Redbridge, Richmond, Southwark,
Sutton, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, and Wandsworth.

> are we including places such as Ealing, Hounslow, Richmond, Kingston
> upon Thames etc.

Yes.

Notably absent is Watford. That doesn't stop it from being "North
London" in job ads, mind. (It's actually in the Borough of Watford,
Hertfordshire.)

> Might these places be better to commute to via car or
> motorbike than jumping on a train and enduring a commute further into
> London?

That does assume that people have a full driving licence and a car,
and can plan a reasonably-sane route that avoids the Congestion
Charge. I can't really imagine anybody sane would venture onto the M4
on a motorbike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk