[Gllug] Camalyn Vacancy Posts

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Wed Feb 4 08:26:32 UTC 2009

Jose Luis Martinez wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 6:20 PM, - Tethys <tethys at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 6:16 PM, Juergen Schinker
>> <ba1020 at homie.homelinux.net> wrote:
>>
>>> the problem is how to tell which agency is good
>> That's the real problem. I haven't found a good solution so far, other
>> than trial and error.

When I first came to London, I was the IT dept for a small recruitment
agency. It's not even whether the agency is good or not, it's whether
the consultant you deal with is good or not. Even then, they *hate*
saying they don't have anyone suitable - it's not in their nature. If
you have specific requirements, make sure that is crystal clear and if
they send you details that don't meet those requirements give them one
warning and then just stop dealing with them. The majority of agencies
do just punt the six closest-matching CVs to you regardless of what you say.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk