[Gllug] Budget desktops

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Thu Feb 26 23:14:37 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I'm looking for a budget desktop so figured I'd survey the opinions here. It
will be used for general web browsing, email, IM and listening to music and
watching DVDs so it doesn't need to be a racing thoroughbread. I'm not
concerned about sound (have card to put in) but am pretty out of the loop wrt
graphics and processors at the moment. I understand there are some dodgy HDs
around too. I'm looking to spend around £250 inc HD and memory, but don't
need monitor or keyboard/mouse.

So, where is good for bare-bones at the moment and what
recommendations/caveats would anyone offer?

Cheers
Dylan
--
“ ‘... but there is so much else behind what I say. It makes itself known to
me so slowly, so incompletely! ...’ ”
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk