[Gllug] VACANCY: MySQL Database Architect (Reading, Berkshire, UK)

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Feb 12 22:21:36 UTC 2009

On 12 Feb 2009, at 18:37, Joel Bernstein wrote:
[...]
> I think what I'm trying to say is, there's a reason agencies aren't
> getting a very good response posting jobs like this to the list.
> They're awfully irrelevant and just like the 100s of others littering
> Jobsite/Jobserve. Don't you have any better ones?

The decent jobs are snapped up instantly. It's only the dregs that
need to be spammed around mailing lists.

There seems to be a half-dozen unfillable jobs at the moment. I'm
getting about six calls a day from agencies, and after they've stopped
beating around the bush, it turns out to be tuppence a week to chop up
HTML in Boring, East Nowhere. One day, I'm going to snap and tell them
something unprintable.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk