[Gllug] VACANCY: MySQL Database Architect (Reading, Berkshire, UK)

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 12:23:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 11:23 AM, Hari Sekhon <hpsekhon at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Yes I know, but there is a lot of office space around London that
> doesn't have to be half way to another town, Croydon in Greater London,
> for example, has lots of office space and frequent express trains to
> Clapham Junction, Victoria, London Bridge with only 10-20 mins journey
> time, so it's the next best thing to zone 1 Central London.

Errr... no. It all depends on your perspective, but for those of us
in the sane world, the lack of tube lines means anything south of the
river is pretty much a no go area in terms of commuting[1]. I can get
to central London quite easily, but that extra 20 minutes plus change
delays on top of the hour or so it takes me to get into town pushes
Croydon and other similar places beyond my commuting tolerance level.

I once worked for a company based in the west end who were considering
relocating to south London, but they gave up on the idea when they
realised they'd lose half of their staff.

Tet

[1] ...as well as culturally, of course :-)

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk