[Gllug] VACANCY: MySQL Database Architect (Reading, Berkshire, UK)

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Thu Feb 12 18:07:07 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 12:06 +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:

> It's only empty once you leave Paddington.  Before that, you get the
> delights of the more unreliable and packed corners of the Tube to get
> there. Reading's also outside of the London zonal ticketing system, so
> you get screwed on train fares on top of your Tube ticket to Paddington.

I spent two years commuting from Muswell Hill to either Maidenhead or
Reading, and simply wouldn't have done it if I had had to use public
transport!

My working hours were such that I could go 'round the North Circular
before it snarled up (the A 40 was then about 15 minutes from home),
then down the A40 to the M40, and with a short cross-country race south
from junction 4 to the M4, I could do the whole trip to Reading in about
an hour.  Of course, being in the traffic industry, I had a fully
paid-for company car....

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk