[Gllug] VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

Jose Luis Martinez jjllmmss at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 19 08:32:54 UTC 2009

Dear all,

I got an offer in my Inbox that may be of interest to someone in the list.

I am posting the general details, if somebody thinks it would be of
interest please get in touch privately and I will pass your details,

1. Type of skills required to fill the vacancy.

    *  2-3 + years Linux support/sys admin experience in an Internet
operations environment
    * BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
    * Working knowledge of Linux, Cisco, TCP/IP, Apache and mySQL
    * Experience working with network management systems and
monitoring tools, such as Nagios, Ganglia and Cacti
    * Competency in Shell, PHP, Perl or Python. C is a plus
    * Solid understanding of web services architecture and commonly
employed technologies
    * A sense of urgency in responding to and resolving critical
issues that relate to the performance of the site and/or core
infrastructure
    * Excellent verbal and written communication skills
    * Participation in a shifted coverage schedule, including working
nights and on-call rotations

2. Location details - don't just say 'London', it's a big place.

Soho

3. Type of employer.

Well known Web 2.0 shop.

4. Minimum salary.

The salary is around 40k plus stock and benefits.

I was told specifically this is a junior role (slavery jokes here
please), so if you are an old Linux sea wolf you may want to give this
one a miss.

Please don't ask for more details, this is all what I know.

Please save the glib posts if you think the role is rubbish of beneath
your dignity :-P

Jose.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk