[Gllug] Perl Question - Spam Filter for NMS Form Mail

- Tethys tethys at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 12:56:27 UTC 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 11:54 AM, James Laver <gllug at jameslaver.com> wrote:

> On the other hand by suggesting perl will automatically lead to a
> maintenance nightmare, you've picked yourself out as ill-advised,
> inexperienced or a troll. Pick one.

No, just someone that's had enough real world experience that I know
it to be true. There's nothing inherently wrong with the language, but
as the saying goes, "hell is other peoples' perl". As soon as it
ceases to be a single developer project, maintenance nightmares
follow. I appreciate it's only anecdotal evidence, but it's been true
in 100% of perl projects to which I've had personal exposure, and
there is plenty of supporting evidence to show that I'm not a
statistical outlier there, either. YMMV.

Tet

--
Perl is like vise grips. You can do anything with it but it is the
wrong tool for every job. -- Bruce Eckel
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk