[Gllug] VACANCY: MySQL Database Architect (Reading, Berkshire, UK)

jt at camalyn.org jt at camalyn.org
Fri Feb 13 14:24:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 13:59 +0000, Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:

> > My entire point, of which I suspect everybody else is getting pretty
> > bored, is that Reading ain't London, it doesn't quack like London, and
> > offering Reading jobs as if they're London ones is a crock of shit.
>
> Fair point.

what's the general guide as to what towns cover Greater London?

are we including places such as Ealing, Hounslow, Richmond, Kingston
upon Thames etc. Might these places be better to commute to via car or
motorbike than jumping on a train and enduring a commute further into
London? From Ealing Broadway by train you could be in Reading within 50
minutes and some people might be going the other way in to Paddington
but still having to endure a further commute by tube.  As I've said the
company in Reading are offering flexible working hours - i.e. start
early, leave early for example - they don't run fixed core hours (i.e.
9-5).

the Reading location may not work for some people but for others it
might work. also the working environment, client and general experience
they can gain might outweigh the general concern of having to travel to
Reading.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk