[Gllug] VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Feb 19 15:58:02 UTC 2009

On 19 Feb 2009, at 15:20, Jose Luis Martinez wrote:
[...]
> No, they give you several benefits (stock options or shares amongst
> them), free interest loans  and training that are tied up to that
> commitment, all in black and white in your contract.

This must be one of those mythical companies who actually offer useful
employee benefits. I've been offered shares and stock options. I've
still got the worthless bits of paper somewhere. Ditto training in
something that was of no use whatsoever outside the company.

About the most useful staff perk I've ever had was free colocation and
no questions asked if an obsolete server went home with me or got
eBayed to drop into the office beer fund. The second-best was those
lardfest butties we used to get on a Friday afternoon. (See, it's not
just about hard cash.)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk