[Gllug] VACANCY: Site Reliability Engineering

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Thu Feb 19 15:29:50 UTC 2009

On 19 Feb 2009, at 14:52, David Damerell wrote:
[...]
> You're much less likely to see someone commit suicide in IT -
> assuming, anyway, you don't work with Lotus Notes.

If I ever find the person who keeps speccing out Bloated Goats for
corporate mail systems, I'll happily push the bastard off the platform
myself.

More seriously, a Tube driver can expect to see a one-under once every
sixty years on average, giving about a 10% chance of encountering one
in a typical Tube-driving career. And some drivers aren't really
affected by it when it happens.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk