[Gllug] ads-free web hosting

Tethys sta296 at astradyne.co.uk
Fri Feb 6 00:39:46 UTC 2009

--------

"Martin A. Brooks" writes:

>Interestingly, it seems to work out (and I welcome supporting/denying
>statistics) that sysadmin teams leader and senior sysadmins are (where
>the enviroment is Linux), for the most part, debian users.

My experience doesn't support that. I'd probably say it's weighted
60/40 or so in favour of Red Hat/CentOS/Fedora over Debian/Ubuntu.
But naturally, others will have different experiences, and there's
bound to be some selection bias in there as well. For example, were
I working in the HPC world, I suspect SLES would account for a
reasonable slice of the pie. But I'm not...

Tet
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk