[Gllug] Perl - was: Perl Question - Spam Filter for NMS Form Mail

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Tue Feb 10 14:26:19 UTC 2009

On Tuesday, 10 Feb 2009, Jose Luis Martinez wrote:
>What I have seen out in the field is that people have a perception
>that Perl lends itself more easily to create unmaintainable code.

That is very true.

>It is a reputation that may  be difficult to shake

That is also true - after all, Perl's had that reputation ever since
Perl 4 when it was undeniable.

>and it may be spreading beyond the realm of Perl wizardry.

This is not accurate. That reputation cannot spread for the very
simple reason that everyone up to and including those deep-sea fish
with weird lights on their head has already heard it. If that
reputation was going to kill off Perl, Perl would already be dead.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Oil is for sissies
Today is First Thursday, February.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk