[Gllug] Keyboards

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Jan 7 23:47:12 UTC 2009

On 2 Jan 2009, Jose Luis Martinez said:

> 2008/12/31 Adrian McMenamin <adrian at newgolddream.dyndns.info>:
>> My old (eight years) PS/2 keyboard has essentially had it (letter decals
>> worn) and so I think I am making enough typing errors (as I cannot read
>> the keys) to justify buying a new one.
>>
>> What would people recommend?
>
> Any ergonomic keyboard that at the very least is split in the middle
> in an angle, it would be better  to get one allowing you to customize
> the angle and elevation of the splitted halfs.

Strongly seconded. My Maltrons (one at home, one at work) have saved my
hands and zapped almost all my RSI (the ciculatory damage is permanent,
but although my hands get cold easily, they don't *hurt* anymore).

The Maltron uses Cherry keyswitches, of course.

It appears to be very hard to wear out: ten years or so of continuous
use might do it.

Downsides: high cost (500 quid each), looks somewhat ugly (but I don't
care).

--
`We must stand together and fight for our shared cultural heritage as a
 group of people who cannot stand together to fight for our shared
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk