[Gllug] Aaaaarrrggghhh!!!! I need a working ISP

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Jan 7 23:44:12 UTC 2009

On 31 Dec 2008, Peter Corlett said:

> On 30 Dec 2008, at 20:37, Nix wrote:
> [...]
>> That's especially unfortunate given that AAISP's primary selling point
>> is that its staff have clues and get out of your way. I suppose
>> technical clue need not correlate with financial clue :/
>
> I'm afraid that the technical clue is also not all that impressive
> except when compared with the likes of Virgin Media. This is probably
> why they appear to have taken on the approach that they'll bang on
> about how clued they are and hope that if they say it often enough,
> some people might start to believe it.

So who *is* clued, then? I mean, I know the ISP I use is clued, but
that's because it has one overworked Debian maintainer doing a huge
amount of the technical stuff. Maybe ISPs with more than one superclued
individual involved are hard to find these days...

--
`We must stand together and fight for our shared cultural heritage as a
 group of people who cannot stand together to fight for our shared
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk