[Gllug] Keyboards

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 2 12:21:34 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 11:56:05 +0000 "Jose Luis Martinez"
<jjllmmss at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Regular keyboards are an historical aberration inherited from
> typewriters I personally avoid them like the plague.  Now my anecdote:
> all the people that started working with me have suffered RSI, I
> started using ergonomic mice and keyboards early on and have not
> suffered any problems.

Are you a touch-typist? I think people's experience of ergonomic
keyboards varies according to whether they are or not.

My anecdote: A former colleague got an ergonomic keyboard when they
first came out (it was a present from his wife). Within weeks he'd gone
back to the traditional layout, since, as a 'hunt and peck' typist, the
layout did not fit how he worked at the keyboard and was actually more
uncomfortable for him.

I've avoided them for the same reason,

--
 All the best,