[Gllug] VACANCY: MySQL Database Architect (Reading, Berkshire, UK)

Ryan Cartwright r.cartwright at equitasit.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 11:17:46 UTC 2009

2009/1/29 jt at camalyn.org <jt at camalyn.org>:
> On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 17:39 +0000, Ryan Cartwright wrote:

<snip>
> That being said I don't think I'm doing much harm am I...

In posting job adverts? I would say not. I wasn't really complaining
myself  that you had not included the things I mentioned (I'm not
interested in the job either way) as much saying that the last few
times you posted here without clearly including them you got an
inbox-full of rants.

>> > In terms of the number of high transactional servers - which would be
>> the definite focus - we are looking at high 30s.
>>
>> is the bit you mean, it wasn't immediately clear to me that you were
>> speaking of salary - sorry
>
> No I am not speaking about salary here!

In which case I still can't see where you mention anything specifying
a monetary value - which is what people moaned about last time.

>> this is still valid. Your message bears a pretty close resemblance to
>> your previous ones - all of which were complained a bit. You could
>> have tried a little harder, if only to appease those who moaned a lot
>> last time :o)

By "some people never learn" I was implying you were a glutton for
punishment although reading back I now see how my post could have been
interpreted as a bit of a rant. As said I'm not interested in the job
although if I was I would have considered your post to have quite a
low signal-to-noise ratio TBH - just an observation.

> I do welcome constructive criticism in my posts :)

Maybe but you do often seem to give the impression that you'll just
ignore it regardless - and from there it will turn into something
slightly hotter.

--
Ryan Cartwright
Equitas IT Solutions