[Gllug] Camalyn Vacancy Posts

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Jan 30 11:11:56 UTC 2009

On 30 Jan 2009, at 07:01, Benjamin Donnachie wrote:
[...]
> With the current climate, someone who wouldn't consider anything under
> £90k might suddenly find themselves redundant and grateful for the
> £25k job to pay the mortgage.

It's a rule of thumb that one should try to have at least six months
living expenses stashed away in case you lose your job. Somebody
earning over £90k has no excuse to have not done that.

Also, somebody with the kind of experience that earns £90k will be
unsuited for an entry-level £25k position. If I was thrown back into
my first ever IT job - paying a whopping £10k back in 1998 - I'd
probably not be able to remember how to do it, and I'd be arrested for
murdering my colleagues within a week.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk