[Gllug] Camalyn Vacancy Posts

Andrew Davies amd_uk at lineone.net
Fri Jan 30 10:41:40 UTC 2009

Benjamin Donnachie wrote:
> 2009/1/30 Christopher Hunter <cehunter at gb-x.org>:
>
>> Some of us wouldn't consider (for example) anything under £90k p.a. so it's
>> unlikely that even in the most straightened times would they consider
>> one of these jobs offering £25k for "experienced" applicants.
>>

> With the current climate, someone who wouldn't consider anything under
> £90k might suddenly find themselves redundant and grateful for the
> £25k job to pay the mortgage.
>
> I'm with James - lighten up or at least take the attacks off the list;
> they've been far more annoying than the original post!
>
> Ben

Whilst I mostly lurk, there are times I feel the need to respond, this
is one of them.
The personal attack may have been a touch harsh, however to decide that
the rules don't apply because of semantics "camalyn is not an agency but
an open source recruitment consultancy" and that because someone can
"..provide a lot more detailed information in (my) job posts than most
other recruitment consultants.." that it doesn't matter if you some
things aren't included is rather condescending, no ?
People who believe the law doesn't really apply to them are the ones
that invariably cause the problems. In this instance it's plain to see
that people have had to spend time responding to the situation and
undoubtedly will spend more time in the future.

I actually find it quite a nice social aspect in allowing any recruiting
posts but the line must be drawn somewhere or the list just becomes
glmonsterlug.com and proceeds to allow all our personal information to
be hacked into.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk