[Gllug] Camalyn Vacancy Posts

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Fri Jan 30 17:50:17 UTC 2009

On 30 Jan 2009, James Holland spake thusly:
> On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 22:29 +0000, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> I am shocked by the intolerance shown on this list. What is one or two
> emails that violate the faq? It might mean a job for someone, which is
> to be valued in the current climate.

He keeps doing it, he employs legalistic and pedantic arguments to evade
his wilful violation of the rules, and his emails are bleeding useless.
Even when I've been looking to switch jobs I'd not consider a job ad for
an unnamed company in an unnamed location working with unnamed people
for an unnamed salary. Anyone halfway competent has better routes to get
jobs, which means that the company employing this guy is not *looking*
for anyone halfway competent, so you'll probably be working for peanuts
with a bunch of just-out-of-university people, if that.

And this sort of rubbish is not what GLLUG is for, dammit.

--
`We must stand together and fight for our shared cultural heritage as a
 group of people who cannot stand together to fight for our shared
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk