[Gllug] Camalyn Vacancy Posts

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Fri Jan 30 09:47:26 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 01:25 +0000, James Holland wrote:
> I am shocked by the intolerance shown on this list. What is one or two
> emails that violate the faq? It might mean a job for someone, which is
> to be valued in the current climate.

The list admins have been remarkably tolerant. When the person in
question started posting in a manner that ignored the rules he was
politely informed of the rules gllug has in place for job adverts from
companies and agencies.

He has repeatedly refused to abide by those rules and repeatedly been
asked to do so politely. It has been made clear to him is very simple
terms that his claims of not being an agency are not accepted as by any
reasonable definition that is what he is.

He was warned the last time he did this that a further repeat would
result in his being prevented from posting to the list again. In the
event he chose to repeat his pattern and a list admin has acted.

Far from intolerant it strikes me that this has been handled very
reasonably by the list admins, who have afforded a lot more leeway to
the agency than many people would have.

> What about re-discussing the rules? Surely with any community these
> could evolve over time??

By all means. Personally I'd opt for a less tolerant approach - three
strikes and a total ban.

Jason Clifford

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk