[Gllug] Decent 64-bit linux distro

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 30 20:04:24 UTC 2009

On Fri 30 Jan, M.J. Smith wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Can anyone point me to a decent 64-bit distro?

   Debian are about to release their next stable version 5.0 Lenny, you need
the AMD64 version for 64-bit PC hardware apart from the Intel Itanium
series. Assuming you will have broadband just download the businesscard CD
image for your processor type and that will download the rest as required. I
normally use a rewritable CD.

Chris Bell NEW alternative address: chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
www.overview.demon.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk