[Gllug] VACANCY: Technical Manager

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 2 12:55:03 UTC 2009

On Fri, 02 Jan 2009 12:30:04 +0000 "jt at camalyn.org" <jt at camalyn.org>
wrote:

> It takes little effort to reply to someone just to say
> thanks but I'm not interested

I think most people have got into the habit of not doing this sort of
thing due to the amount of unsolicited material we receive. You have to
realise that, if you reply to spam, this merely confirms that it has
been sent to an active email address. So people just don't reply any
longer. This is matter of habit, not malice, and you need to adjust
your practices to what people actually do, rather than what you'd
prefer them to.

Though I do think sending out emails to a ten year-old contact address
suggests that your housekeeping admin is not very efficient and gives a
bad impression  to those of us who don't know your company,

--
 All the best,
 John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk