[Gllug] VACANCY: Technical Manager

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Jan 2 12:48:55 UTC 2009

On 2 Jan 2009, at 12:30, jt at camalyn.org wrote:
[...]
> I don't see how. It takes little effort to reply to someone just to
> say
> thanks but I'm not interested rather than suggest that that person has
> sent unsolicited e-mails and in such a ridiculous quantity as 500!

I gave up replying to inappropriate random job spam from agencies some
while ago as it's fairly clear that almost none of them actually read
the messages asking them to either send more appropriate jobs, or stop
contacting me.

Many don't seem to do anything more than grep for a few keywords and
spam without reading the CV. Because then they'd see "I am mainly
looking for work that is accessible by public transport from London. I
am not interested in roles in the Home Counties but might consider
relocating further afield" at the top of my CV and not proceed to
contact me about vacancies in Maidenhell, Wartford or Basingrad.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk